Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Twiggy Inspired Makeup

I love Twiggy. Wait, let me correct myself. I love the idea of Twiggy. I honestly don't know much about her, besides the fact that she was an iconic english model from the 60's with memorable makeup. Do I need to know more about her? Oh, I should know that she hosts some sort of reality show nowadays, you say. I should also know she has a singing career, you say. 



Cool. Awesome. Either way, I think she was fucking adorable in her prime, and that's about all  I know. And since I've kind of been on a "I love 60's & 70's fashion" kick, I wanted to do a Twiggy inspired look for a day. I tweaked it a bit to work for me, since I have Asian, flat, almost monolid-ed eyes, and I think it turned out a-okay! I normally don't wear pastels on my eyes, especially in the cold hued family because they can tend to look grey and muddy with my yellow toned skin, but I actually love the way the color came out this time around!


The trick is to cover your entire eye area with a white base. I used NYX white eyeshadow base, and it did the trick perfectly. I kept my eyebrows consistent with the color of my hair, because that's what I like. 


I went in and added black eyeshadow above my fake crease line because I wanted to fake the depth she has on my own flat eyelids. The illusion is pretty believable when my eyes are open!


Makeup role call time!

Face: MUFE HD Foundation // MUFE Full Cover Concealer // Clinique Bashful Blush // Urban Decay Toasted Bronzer

Eyes: Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion // NYX Eyeshadow Base in White // MUFE Star Powder in White Gold // Bobbi Brown Gel Liner in Black // Sugarpill Eyeshadow in Paperdoll, Bulletproof, Tako // Combination of Red Cherry/Daiso/Chinatown lashes (4 pairs in total) applied with DUO Lash Glue

Eyebrows: Sugarpill Eyeshadow in Poison Plum, Dollipop and Bulletproof

Lips: Cargo Lip gloss


An outtake for you because I look super dopey! And me wearing the best Twiggy-ish dress I could find in 3 minutes from French Connection. 


Okay, later dudes!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
TE$$MONEY

1 comment:

  1. i love how you made an interpretation to your own style!

    x

    ReplyDelete